BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C-09)
D.C.M.E - III SEMISTER EXAMINATION
TIME: 3 Hours] [Total Marks :80]
PART - A 10*4=80
Instruction: (1) answer all question and each question
carries THREE marks
(2) answer should be brief and straight to the point and shall not exceed five simple sentences
1. What is meant by data model?
2. What is differences between a 2NF and a 3 NF RELATION
3. Define the terms entity and entity set.
4. Give the syntax for insert command
5. What is a sub=query? Give an example.
6. Define schema
7. Explain about dropping a table, with example.
8. What is a subprogram
9. Write the syntax to drop a trigger
10. What are the benefits of overloading
PART- B 5*10=50
Instructions: (1) Answer any five questions and each question carries ten marks. (2) The answers should be comprehensive and the criteria for valuation is the content but not the length of the answer.
11. (a) explain data indepence. (b) explain the responsibilities of database manager.
12. Explain generalization, specialization, aggregation with example.
13. Explain the proces of accessing object in remote database.
14. Explain the creation of view from multiple tables with example.
15. (a) define an exception. Give example. (b) consider the following block of PL/SQL code.
A EXCEPTION :
B EXCEPTION :
WHEN A THEN
WHEN B THEN
Explain the propagation of exception in the abouve block of code.
16. (a) draw the block diagram of PL/SQL engine. (b) what are the differences between SQL and PL/SQL ?
17. (a) how to create a stored subprogram? Explain with example. (b) explain how to call stored subprogram using Oracle objects.
18. (a) explain different categories of SQL data types. (b) List any two integrity constraints. State the reasons for enforcing each of these constraints.