BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C-05)
DCME.-V SEMESTER EXAMINATION
RELATIONAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
TIME: 3 Hours] [Total Marks :100]
PART - A
INSTRUCTION: (1) ANSWER ALL QUESTION AND EACH QUESTION
CARRIES FOUR MARKS
(2) ANSWER SHOULD BE BRIEF AND STRAIGHT TO THE POINT AND SHALL NOT EXEED FIVE SIMPLE SENTENCES
1. What is data base abstraction?
2. List the functions of data base administrator.
3. State the features of SQL.
4. List the various data types in SQL.
5. Differentiate table and view.
6. List the various types of Integrity constraints.
7. List the advantages of subprograms.
8. What is implicit cursor?
9. Define package.
10. What are the benefits of overloading?
Instructions : (1) Answer any five questions and each question carries twelve marks.
(2) The answers should be comprehensive and the criteria for valuation is the content but not the length of the answer.
11. (a) explain the entity-relationship model with a simple diagram. (b)explain the process to reduce ER diagrams to tables.
12. Explain the verall system structure with diagram.
13. (a) explain data manipulation language (DML) commands in sql. (b) explain various joins in sql.
14. (a) explain the operators of sql. (b) explain about Indexes.
15. Explain the procedure of creation altering and dropping of table.
16. (a) explain the structure of PL/SQL program.(b) explain the different parameter modes for subprograms.
17. (a) explain conditional and iterative statements in PL/SQL .(b) write a PL/SQL program for reverse of a given number.
18. (a) write the steps for compilation of PL./SQL program. (b) write about stored sub program with an example