BOARD DIPLOMA EXAMINATION, (C-05)
DCME V SEMESTER EXAMINATION
RELATIONAL DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Time : 3 Hours] [Total Marks: 100
Instructions: (1) Answer all questions and each question caries four marks. (2) Answers should be brief and straight to t the point and shall not exceed five simple sentences.
1. List the various database models
2. Define physical data independence
3. State the benefits of SQL
4. List the various operators in SQL
5. Define sequence
6. What is view? Give the syntax for creating a view.
7. List the features of PL/SQL
8. List the PL/SQL global and system variables
9. State the advantages of packages
10. What is stored subprogram?
Instructions: (1) Answer any five questions and each question caries twelve marks. (2) The Answers should be comprehensive and criteria for valuation is the Content but not the length of the answer.
11. Explain the overall structure of the database systems with neat diagram.
12. (a) what are generalization, specialization and aggregation? (b) explain 2nd and 3 rd normal forms with examples.
13. explain the sql commands for data definition language and data manipulation language.
14. (a) write about different data types of SQL. (b) explain various types of integrity constraints
15. Explain about indexed and hash cluster
16. (a) explain the recursion with example. (b) explain procedures in PL/SQL.
17. (a) write a PL/SQL program to find the maximum of three numbers (b) write a PL/SQL program to find the sum of 10 natural numbers.
18. (a) explain package state and package dependency. (b) write the benefits of overloading.